`

`

news blog logo The Empty Chamber: A Supermarket Revisited

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A Supermarket Revisited

It was a simple list; two loafs of bead.
Simple enough for a mere child with five dollar in his or her pocket.
Yet I gawk at the supermodel in isle four.
She’s touching the bread and I peek from behind the cap gun display.
Children attacking each other with foodstuff.
All I want it bread.
God help me.

More Isle’s full of concerned citizens negotiating local politics.
National politics is dealt with only in the food court.
Cleanup in some isle I never heard of, an isle I’ll probable never see.
The woman on the speaker is lying, I never heard of isle seventeen.
All I want is two loafs of bread.
God help us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker The Empty Chamber Trademark 1995-2007 Zander Kaufman