`

`

news blog logo The Empty Chamber: How to love to hate writing

Friday, May 06, 2005

How to love to hate writing

I remember even from a very young age the love of telling stories. This turned into the love of writing. Heck I published three books at the age of six, albeit they were only five pages long and the publisher was Mrs. Jennings kindergarten class.

But sometimes I hate to write anything at all. I take a step back and worry sometimes. Is this what I was born to do. Then I take a deep breath and realize that it’s ok. Every passion is really a love hate relationship. You will have your good days and when the bad days come you just have to bite your lip, take a walk, and eat some fruit. It will come back to you in the morning.

Never let anyone tell you that they are so proud that you are an aspiring writer. Have pride say “Bull$h*t, I am a writer.” Once you write, you are a writer. Write and ask questions later. Look I’m not going to sit here 4:52 in the morning, telling you that I am or will become the worlds greatest writer. You have to face it. There will always be someone better then you. I write to make my self laugh, cry and everything in between.

Let me tell you one secret to writing. When you enjoy your own work as you do your favorite author, then and only then have you made it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker The Empty Chamber Trademark 1995-2007 Zander Kaufman